www.scouts.org.uk/shop and The Scout Association take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our Terms & Conditions. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with www.scouts.org.uk/shop , we ask for your name, email address and postal code. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association e.g. Unity
4. Legal jurisdiction.
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
5. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a customer’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each customer’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret;
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details.
www.scouts.org.uk/shop uses small files known as "cookies" to enhance your use of the site. Cookies are small files that may be placed by a website on a user's PC. They are used to store information that may be needed while browsing the site, or on a future visit. This may include personal data, or anonymous information such as previously visited pages or items stored in the shopping basket.
7. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioners website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
8. Contacting www.scouts.org.uk/shop
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.scouts.org.uk/shop, you can contact us using this email address: email@example.com
Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
9. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URL) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimize our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information