Cub Scout Money Skills Activity Badge
To purchase this badge you need to fit the following criteria – be a registered Badge Secretary, Section or Assistant Section Leader or a County or District Administrator.
You’ll need to sign in, enter your details plus your membership number in the Scout ID box.
About this product
- Type: Woven
- Size: 40mm
Cub Scout Money Skills Activity Badge - Sponsored by HSBC
Cubs - How to earn the badge
1. Show you know about foreign currency by explaining how a Scout from another country would exchange their money if they came to a camp in the UK.
2. Show how you’d create a budget for a Scouts activity. Think about value for money, as well as how other values (such as supporting local businesses, making ethical choices, or protecting the environment) might affect your budget.
3. Learn about the things that can influence different people’s spending decisions (from religious beliefs to adverts and peer pressure) and create a list of things that might influence your spending decisions.
4. Talk with your group about how people from different cultures can gain, save, and give away money, and choose a way of gaining, saving, or giving away money that you’d like to try.
5. Create a guide for how young people can recognise and protect themselves from online scams and fake, counterfeit money.